On this page, we guide you on how to unlock the bootloader of your Nokia Android devices. You can unlock the bootloader on many Nokia smartphones, including Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 8, Nokia 8 Sirocco, Nokia 8.1, Nokia 7, Nokia 6, Nokia 6.1, Nokia 5, Nokia 2, and Nokia 2.1. etc.
Unlocking the bootloader on a Nokia Android phone can provide you with many benefits, but it also comes with certain risks and disadvantages. It’s important to be aware of these before attempting to unlock your phone’s bootloader.
By unlocking the bootloader, you can modify the system data, root the device, and install custom ROMs. However, this can also make your phone less secure and may cause issues with certain apps that have DRM protection. It’s important to weigh the pros and cons before deciding to unlock the bootloader of your Nokia Android phone.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia Android phones? [Free method]
This guide is applicable for Nokia smartphones powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon processors. The following Nokia smartphone models are eligible for bootloader unlocking: Nokia 2, Nokia 2.1 (2V), Nokia 5, Nokia 6, Nokia 6.1 (Nokia 6 2018), Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 6.2, Nokia 7, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 7.1, Nokia 7.2, Nokia 8, Nokia 8 Sirocco, Nokia 8.3, and Nokia X71. An alternate method can also be followed to unlock the bootloader for Nokia 8.1 (Nokia X7) and Nokia 9 Pureview.
1. Install Nokia USB Drivers
Before proceeding with the bootloader unlock process, it is important to install the necessary Nokia USB drivers. These drivers will ensure that the smartphone is properly detected by the bootloader unlock tool. If you are unsure whether the drivers are already installed on your computer, it is recommended to run the drivers installer again to avoid any issues
2. Download Nokia Bootloader Unlock Tool:
To unlock the bootloader on supported Nokia devices, follow these steps:
- Download the Nokia Bootloader Unlock tool from the provided link.
- Use a zip management tool such as Windows Explorer, 7-zip, or WinRAR to extract the tool to a folder on your computer.
- Make sure your Nokia device is connected to your computer via USB and that you have installed the required Nokia USB drivers.
- Double-click on the executable file to launch the tool.
- Follow the instructions provided by the tool to unlock the bootloader on your Nokia device.
Note that the tool requires Microsoft Windows 7 or later with Microsoft .Net Framework version 4.7.2 or higher. It is not supported on Linux or Mac. It is recommended to use Windows 10 with the latest updates. The tool can be used worldwide except in China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.
3. Reboot Phone into Fastboot Mode
To reboot your Nokia smartphone to fastboot mode, please follow these steps:
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button simultaneously until you see the fastboot screen appear on your phone.
- Alternatively, if you have enabled USB debugging on your phone and have ADB installed on your computer, you can use the command “adb reboot bootloader” in a command prompt or terminal window to reboot your phone directly into fastboot mode.
4. Generate OTP for Bootloader Unlocking
To avoid misuse and limit usage, we are using an OTP system for the tool. You can generate an OTP from the following link:
- The OTP is valid for 15 minutes from generation.
- Only 15 devices will be supported for unlocking in a day. After this further generation of OTPs will be disabled for the day.
- Please contact us in case you have a bulk requirement.
Run the Unlock Tool and unlock your phone
Now you can use the previously generated OTP to unlock the bootloader on your Nokia smartphone for free.
How to Unlock Bootloader
- Run Bootloader Unlock by tm.exe Nokia Bootloader Unlock tool by techmesto
- Paste the OTP (from step 3) into the Enter OTP box in the Unlock Tool.
- Connect your smartphone in fastboot mode (download mode).
- Click on the Begin Unlock button.
- Wait for the process to complete. And follow the instructions shown in the output window.
- Confirm the unlock on the smartphone screen when prompted. In the standard process, you will get the unlock prompt two times.
PS: The tool will try to automatically lock the device in fastboot mode. However, sometimes (especially on Nokia 8 & Nokia 8 Sirocco) that can fail. Please put the phone to fastboot mode manually if that happens.
Check Full Tutorial on techmesto.com