TCL Tab 10L Step-by-step Guide for Unlocking Bootloader & Rooting the Device
What is Root:
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. Rooting is often performed with the goal of removing limitations that were placed by the manufacturer or carrier, thereby providing the latest versions of operating system updates and enabling the ability to install other software that would otherwise not be able to be installed on the device.
Rooting can be done through various methods, such as using an Android rooting app or by issuing commands using a computer connected to the device through a USB cable. It is important to note that rooting a device can void its warranty and may also introduce security vulnerabilities that did not exist before. It is therefore important to thoroughly research and understand the risks and potential consequences of rooting a device before attempting to do so.
- first unlock the bootloader by following this guide
- ROM2box Tool Latest Version: Download
- USB Drivers: Download
- all user data will be erased, must make a backup before the process
- Must write vbmeta.img after unlocking the bootloader
- if the device has a vendor_boot partition patch & flash it too
- we strongly suggest the below method (boot.img dump) because boot.img from a different firmware version may cause boot loop
- the boot image is NOT the bootloader image. do not confuse between them flashing the wrong image to the bootloader could brick your device
How to Root TCL Tab 10L using Magisk:
- Install USBDK and Mediatek driver on Your computer
- Download & Extract ROM2box
- Run ROM2Box.exe
- Click Mediatek/Firmware Reader!
- mark “Full Firmware”
- Click the ‘START’ button
- Once the process started, turn the phone OFF, Now together Press Volume up + down key & Insert USB, Once Phone detected Immediate Release key (make sure your phone stable in the device manager)
- done, it will take 15-20Min
- Move boot.bin or boot_a.bin (rename it boot.img) from ROM2box/out folder to your phone
Note: if you wish to skip the above steps then copy boot.img from stock firmware instead dump (make sure it’s from the Installed firmware version)
- on Phone Install Magisk Manager
- Now patch boot.img using Magisk
- Download this root.zip & extract it
- Move patched_boot.img (rename boot.img) and vbmeta.img to the root folder
- run root.bat & connect the phone in fastboot mod
- wait until Success!
Voila, Your phone is successfully rooted. if any error, write vbmeta.empty from the rom2box folder under vbmeta partition.